A scary movie is NOT:
- A slasher film with lots of blood and guts.
- A lame ass plot with nothing but idiot bimbos running around in panties (I shudder at that word "panties". I just hate it. Hate typing it, hate saying it, hate it hate it hate it, but it was necessary).
- A series of movies that just go on and on with nothing but the same type of plot, same type of killing, same type of garbage (Freddie Krueger, Halloween, Jason, etc...).
- Plot so unreal it's impossible to fathom ever happening in real life. PRETEND IS NOT SCARY.
What IS scary:
- Thrillers involving real life psycho killers (true stories for a less descriptive way of putting it).
- The unexplained.
- And paranormal activity.
I have been addicted to and own (even though it scares the living bajeezus outta me) The Discovery Channel series A Haunting, seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4. And all I can say is HOLY CRAP SCARY and AWESOME all at the same time. They took one of the episodes and actually turned it into a movie: "A Haunting in Connecticut" (which turned out so much lamer than the actual documentary because the director and screen writer strayed way off course of the real story).
Anyway, if you're a fan of the paranormal and the real life experiences people have had, I totally recommend watching these episodes. Granted, they are reenactments but they're made documentary style, and the real people involved are interviewed to share their story. Just watch out, not only is it scary, it's addicting.
And because I love this kind of stuff (especially around Halloween time), I'm dying to see this movie: http://www.paranormalmovie.com/trailer.html. The only catch is that this film is only being released in certain cities (Salt Lake is currently not one of them). HOWEVER, you can visit the web site (same link I just posted) and click "DEMAND IT". I myself have demanded it several times. But if you want to make me a happy girl, go and demand it for Salt Lake. And if you're a non Utah resident and want to demand it for your area, that would be okay with me too :)
If you live in a city where they are showing this, please go see it and then tell me all about it (without giving away the good stuff of course). And of course, if you have any wonderful ghost stories, or just spooky in general stories, please share :)
And to coin my favorite phrase (Jen G, you'll love this)...
"Know what would be cool?"
"If this blog was haunted!"