Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Recap

I am exhausted! I need a weekend to recuperate from the weekend!

Michael and I hardly rested. We cleaned, unpacked all the boxes that got shoved into storage upon our move with the intent to "unpack them later" and later finally came.

All I can say is we have a bunch of crap. Take the average person's pile of miscellaneous stuff (you know, the random cords, computer stuff, CD's old VHS tapes, random old cell phones, strange coats, faded blankets, etc...) and multiply that by two. That's right. Take all my stuff, all Michael's stuff, and that is what has been sitting, wait no, actually clogging up the two storage rooms in the basement. So you can guess what our weekend looked like.

Random piles decorated the floor of our basement family room. Piles for charity, piles for recycling, piles that we THINK we're going to keep, piles that we are keeping, and so on. We took four garbage bags full of clothes to the Big Brothers Big Sisters clothing bin, and there's about 12 cardboard boxes sitting in my kitchen waiting to be broken down and recycled.

There's tons of now empty clear rubber maid containers, and plenty more that I don't even want to sort through but need to be.

In addition to the sorting, there was cleaning and decorating. I had to put the last of our guest bedrooms together this weekend because of all the company I'm going to have. Both Mom and Grandma have heart surgery scheduled for this Thursday which means I'm going to have people staying with me. My uncle is flying in from Alaska, both my parents will be here, and then Grandma. So every one of my spare beds are taken (two queens and a twin). I'm so glad I have three guest rooms at the moment. Luckily I still have an office. I knew there was a reason we bought a home with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It's a lot of cleaning, yes, but it's also a lot of space when you need it.

Anyway, I'm a little nervous for the surgery. I'm a pessimist and can easily sit and think about all the things that can go wrong. Hopefully there won't be anything to worry about. I just need Thursday to be over, and have both Mom and Grandma well on their way to recovery.

At least for now, the house is almost ready for company. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment