Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall Just Threw Up All Over My House

Yup, ALL OVER. I had been threatening my husband for two weeks that I wasthisclose to decorating the house, and yesterday it finally happened. I LOVE fall. I love the colors, the smells, the sweaters, the yummy warm foods, and of course Halloween (I didn't put Halloween decorations up yet though, I'll save that for another few weeks).

This house is so fun to decorate, and especially because we haven't lived here an entire year yet, so decorating for each season will bring new excitement. One thing I LOVE about my house is the fire place and the mantle that spreads the length of the entire wall in the family room. Half the wall is brick with the fire place in the center, and then a red oak mantle completes the finish and then a light cappuccino paint finishes off the wall. I have a big red clock hung above the fire place and I just love how cozy the room feels. Yesterday, I covered the entire mantle in fall foliage and glittered pumpkins, squash, and apples. I also speckled the foliage with deep red and orange sunflowers, pussy willows and an adorable plaid fall ribbon is strewn throughout.

The other wall has a large window box that opens up behind the sofa. I hung a fall wreath on a wreath hanger in the window that matches the mantle, and some cute wooden pumpkins. There's also a copper metal tray with fall candles that smell of sugar-spiced pumpkin. I just love my home :)

Then, when I was done decorating, I made pumpkin, chocolate-chip cookies. It's such a quick and easy recipe. All you need is the following:
  • 1 spice cake mix
  • 1 can of pumpkin (small size not the large)
  • 1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  • Warm oven to 375 degrees
  • Mix dry cake mix, pumpkin, and chocolate chips in mixing bowl
  • Drop batter from spoon on cookie sheet and bake for 17 minutes.

These cookies are SO SOFT, and yummy (not to mention super easy).

If you want to get fancy, you can add vanilla, cinnamon, and cream cheese to the batter. Just add to taste. If batter gets too gooey, thicken with spoon full of flour.

So for those of you who enjoy fall as much as I do, add this cookie recipe to spice up your fall festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment