Monday, October 19, 2009

They Gnashed Their Terrible Teeth and Rolled Their Terrible Eyes


Here's a recap of how our movie experience of "Where The Wild Things Are" went down on Friday night:


The night Michael wore his bad-boy jacket and experienced movie mischeif of one kind or another, I almost called him "The Wild Thing". But he probably would have threatened me by shouting "I'll eat you up!" and I would have had to send him to bed without any popcorn.
.
That very night in the movie theatre, the walls around Michael's seat grew smaller and smaller. And the young man sitting next to him grew more and more annoying with every elbow jab, munch of his popcorn, and ring of his cell phone.

This went on for what seemed like over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night until Michael couldn't take it anymore. And that's when we came to the place where I met "The Wild Things." Michael and the annoying idiot next to him roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws- till Michael said to him "BE STILL! And it'd be nice if you'd turn off your cell phone".
.
And I was very frightened of what the inconsiderate fool might do to Michael, but I thought of Michael as the most Wild Thing of all, and made him King of all Wild Things in my mind.

But I was afraid that after the movie, Michael would yell "Let the WILD RUMPUS START!" And I would have to yell "NOW STOP!" and send Michael off to the car without a refill of his popcorn.

But when the movie was over, Michael and the other Wild Thing didn't roar their terrible roars and gnash their terrible teeth and roll their terrible eyes and show their terrible claws.

Nope, Michael stepped into his private car and we waved good-bye to our friends, and drove back over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night to our very own house where KeeLee was patiently waiting for us. And I looked at my perturbed Michael in his bad-boy jacket and said to him "And you're still hot."

3 comments: