Monday, June 22, 2009

He Aint No Bob Ross...

Ya know what? I'm annoyed.

While driving to work today on 215, I noticed some rather large, ugly graffiti tagged on one of the bridges above the freeway. I don't know why, but this immediately stirred a reaction of pissy-ness and sadness in me.

I know I'm about to sound like my father by saying "Don't kids have anything better to do with their time than destroy what isn't theirs?" But c'mon, he has a point. A GOOD point.

WHY? I mean really, why?

There has to be plenty more exciting things in life than purchasing a can of spray paint and creating crappy art on some dated cinder block. I just don't get it.

And as I drove to work, I actually thought to myself about how thankful I am that this town isn't as decorated in graffiti as other places I've been.

If you want to be an artist, that's great. Just don't go painting a city that doesn't belong to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment