Friday, February 27, 2009

Mostly Sunny with a Slight Chance of Snow

What an odd day- I was driving to work and it was lightly snowing, and yet the sun was shining at the same time. And I had to laugh a little bit because as I was analyzing the weather, I realized it's sort of a reflection of how my life is right now- sunny, and experiencing a minor storm.

Things are great. I'm loving having Michael home. It's nice to know that hubby is available to "wear the pants" around the house so to speak, so I don't have to be the husband and the wife anymore in trying to keep up the house. It's nice to be able to say "honey- something funky is happening with the garbage disposal. Can you fix it?" And he does. Without complaining I might add. I love it. And I love him.

The job is great. Although things have been a little slow this week since my boss has been out for some medical issues, I am sure that I'll be busy in no time doing what I love- marketing.

The house is also great. I'm getting more comfortable every day. It's a cozy home that I find myself enjoying for the little things and the big things. Don't get me wrong, there's some stuff that still needs work, but Michael and I are actually looking forward to working on those projects together to personalize our home. I've been buying the home magazines like crazy to get ideas for paint colors, kitchen remodels, window treatments, and all sorts of other little things.

So with all these good things, why the minor storm? Why am I somewhat restless when I should be totally content right now? I'm not sure. I've given it a lot of thought and have come to only one conclusion: Maybe I'm finally absorbing all that has happened to me in the last month. Maybe I'm finally soaking up just how different my life is from what it was merely 30 days ago and I'm trying to figure out how to settle in to all that is different about my circumstances. And it's not a bad thing, just kind of a strange thing... like the weather this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment