Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting it Together

Well, thank God it's Friday is about all I can say right now. I can't even explain how much I'm looking forward to sleeping in for two glorious days. In exchange for sleeping in, I've promised myself I would do some serious cleaning around the house. I've been playing host for three weeks and stuff needs attention.

Things need dusted, shelves need to be cleared of contents and wiped down. Glass needs Windexd, bathrooms need scrubbing, the kitchen floor needs a good sweeping and mopping, the laundry needs to be folded and put away (yes, it's still sitting out from last weekend), and the biggest project of all? The basement needs to be finished. It has officially been a month since the ill-fated flood, and we're still not done. Granted, walls are painted and carpet is in, but trim isn't finished, furniture is missing, curtains need steamed, decor needs to be hung, and the dreadful storage room needs some serious organization. *sigh* It's NEVER over.

Although I'm thankful to have a job in this economic trying time, I do wish I had time during the week to actually keep up on house projects. A weekend is all too short when it consists of cleaning for two days straight, just to get back up on Monday and start all over. I need a maid. Someone to have dinner ready when I get home from work, someone to tell me "No, you sit down and relax, you just worked 40 hours this week, I'll mop the kitchen."

I need someone who is going to notice the 5,000 things around the house that need to be done, and just do them. Problem is, what I really need is someone to do all this for me and not charge me. I'm not willing to pay for this service considering I know I could do it myself.

Too bad I can't train KeeLee to actually take out the garbage instead of getting into the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment