Friday, May 8, 2009

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Okay, not quiet exactly. But sorta.

Michael and I have oodles of sky miles since we had to fly back and forth from North Carolina and Utah to see each other during the time he was stationed in Jacksonville and I was surviving (as I like to call it) in Salt Lake. Anywho, when you fly about every two-three months for three years, you build up a butt load of miles.

However- although I've now earned myself a silver medallion status with Delta, (all silver medallion status really amounts to is your own special 1-800 number to call where you get to talk to the same annoying reservationsists that don't evern seem to know their heads from their asses) I still have miles that are set to expire in August of this year. "Michelle, can those miles be saved?" you're asking this very moment... Why yes! Yes they can.

If Michael and I book a trip by August (just book, which doesn't mean have to have taken) my miles are saved and I can redeem them on a ticket to paradise.

I was on the phone with the international reservationist last night. First question "How many sky miles it would take for Michael and I to get to Bora Bora (grass huts over oceans of blue in the French Polynesian islands- my never yet had a honeymoon prime location)? And as it turns out, Delta can get us there, (are you ready for this?)... they just can't get us home. They call it seasonal flying. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Second question was "Can we get to Hawaii or the Caribbean with the miles we have?"
Answer? YES!
Third question was "Yeah but can we get home too?"
Answer? YES!
DING DING DING, we have a winner!

So, I've been researching different islands in the Caribbean as neither Michael or I have been there but we've both been to Hawaii. I've found a slew of beautiful pictures, maps, and enticing vacation ideas, but still haven't arrived at exactly WHICH island would be best to visit. I'm leaning more towards Inagua, Bimini, or Rum Cay/San Salvador (which you see pictured below).



Although I have lots more research and drooling to do over this decision, I'd love to know if any of you have any suggestions. If you've ever been there, tell me where and what you thought. Also, feel free to check out this web site which offers lots of good information (and best of all, pics): http://www.bahamas.com

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama....
Key Largo, Montego, Baby why don't we go, off the Florida Keys
There's a place called Kokomo
But where should Michelle and Michael go?

3 comments:

  1. I've been to the Bahamas, but can't tell you which islands just now because I can't remember. But I'll do some thinking and let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been anywhere tropic - if you know anything about Marge you must know she HATES the heat. But I'm sure whatever place you pick will be great because you'll be together and you'll be away from Utah for awhile which is always nice. (again testing to see if the post will work). Thanks for putting up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Leavin' On a Jet Plane" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    honeymun.com Team

    http://www.honeymun.com

    ReplyDelete