Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Recap

What a wonderful weekend! There's nothing like having the sun to change your mood and make you feel alive. After so many months of dreadful snow, cold winds, rain, etc... it was refreshing to actually feel the sun on my face and not have to bundle up before going out.

Michael and I took advantage of the weather and did lots of yard work. We planted more flowers, made plans for our backyard garden and possibly a small fountain by the deck, as well as talked about new patio furniture and just getting the place cleaned up. The previous owners moved out in November but we didn't move in until the end of January so I've got tons of yard work to do. There's plenty of old leaves and weeds that need to be cleaned up, as well as getting all of last year's dead growth pulled out of the flower beds. Michael will be busy trimming back bushes and trees, and we have plans for installing a new mail box, updating all of the light fixtures on the outside of the house, and adding some trim work around flower beds and such.

It's coming along though and it was so wonderful to relax in our porch swing as of an evening. The three of us fit perfectly (and by three of us I'm including KeeLee because she loves to be snuggled in the swing with us).

Last night I prepared my spaghetti sauce so dinner tonight will be a cinch. It's Michael's favorite and he's been asking for it for about two weeks now. I also made an awesome Hawaiian chicken salad that we'll munch on for lunches. We're doing our best to not eat out so much as we're saving up money for our kitchen and bathroom remodels, and new garage door, new patio door, new windows, shutters, and a sitting bay window in the master bedroom. All projects that are going to take time, money, patience, and most of all, planning. Therefore, by eating in more than we eat out, we'll be able to approach these projects faster and with a solid budget.

I know it's only 10:00 in the morning, but I'm already looking forward to going home tonight and spending time with Michael. I can't wait to finish planting the rest of my flowers in the new flower boxes we purchased yesterday, and to enjoy a warm sunset. I've been longing for one of those for quite some time now.

And the best news of all? It's going to be 78 degrees on Wednesday. Yup! I'm pulling out the summer skirts and painting my toes because flip flop season is just around the corner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment