Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today, There Was A Party In The USA

On my drive to work today I saw something I don't see every day, and quite frankly, I'm glad I don't.

I came to the top of the hill I drive down every day and the roads were a bit icy. I saw the flashing red and blue lights just as my car reached the top before the decent, and there to my right was a black SUV that had crashed through someone's front yard, having taken out the railing that lined the steps up to their doorway.

The woman driving the SUV was still in the drivers seat, filling out paper work. The residents (or at least I assume they lived there) were standing on their front porch just looking at the mess in disbelief. And the cop was sitting in his jeep and also appeared to be filling out paper work.

It's scary enough to wreck a vehicle I'm sure (I wouldn't actually know because I have never wrecked my car, KNOCK ON WOOD), but to wreck your vehicle AND take out someone's front yard (and almost house) has got to be pretty nerve racking.

That just goes to show how important it is to slow down and drive carefully in Utah's winter conditions. Even when it appears that only a "light dusting" of snow has fallen, it's still cold outside, thus making the roads "slickery" to quote my hubby.

In other news of things strange (and funny in this case), I walked into Subway for lunch and two guys were sitting at a table eating. They looked a little eccentric but nothing too out of the ordinary. All of a sudden the song "Party In the USA" by Miley Cyrus comes on, on the overhead sound system. One of the guys said (rather loudly) "Party in the USA! I LOVE this song!"

Now I know what you're thinking... he was probably making fun of the song and said it sarcastically. Don't worry, that's what I would have assumed too, had I not been there and seen the twinkle in his eye and heard him START TO SING ALONG!

I'm not joking.

Singing along. This guy was actually sincere about his love for the song, and was singing in between bites of his 6" sub.

Now I don't hate. Who cares if he likes the song right? But seriously, coming from this guy, I would have never imagined in a million years that he's a fan of Miley Cyrus. But to each his own right?


I'm noddin' my head like "Yeah!"
Movin' my hips like "Yeah!"


1 comment:

  1. I'm quite ashamed of this, so maybe I shouldn't even post it, but what the hell. I do like me some Miley Cyrus. I can't explain it. I know its sad and I'm not a 12-year-old girl, but I can't help it. But, rest assurred, Michelle's Blog Readers, I HAVE NOT purchased an album.

    ReplyDelete