Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Mind Me

I'm just here sneezing all over the place.

At least I'm not coughing. But my nose is running and I have that annoying little twitch in my nose (causing me to sneeze) that won't go away. It just makes my nose tickle and my eyes water. BLEAH. I hate being sick.

I got the crock pot out today and put in a pot roast, cut up some onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes. Let it cook and simmer all day so I could spend my free time sitting on the couch bonding with a box of Kleenex.

I'm sure it smelled yummy. I hope Michael walked in the house thinking "Mmmmm dinner sure smells good!" I didn't get to enjoy the aroma (stuffy nose).

Once everything was cooked, I made mashed potatoes, gravy, and biscuits. I wasn't THAT hungry, but it all looked so good! However, I couldn't taste a bite of it. About the only thing I could taste was the melted butter on my biscuit. KeeLee ended up getting the roast and gravy that was left on my plate (no I didn't feed her from the table). I did make an effort to eat my veggies though. Gotta get better somehow.

I'd probably be really skinny if I went through life unable to smell and taste food. It sorta takes all the fun out of eating. Food just feels like something in your mouth that shouldn't be there and I have a gag reflex that is easily triggered, so yeah, I'd like to think I'd be wearing size 4 pants. A girl can dream right?

At least I got to work on my field project today. Not something I consider fun, but it needs to be done, and one of my resolutions this year was to get cracking on it. I'm almost done with chapter two. Only four more to go.

Hopefully I get better soon. I'm not one who gets sick often (it's been a solid two years without a cold) so I'm pretty cranky right now. Blew my track record...

Ha ha, get it? "Blew" as in my nose? As in... yeah, I know. LAME.



No comments:

Post a Comment