Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap: The "From Bad to Good" Edition

I was dreading this weekend. I had a horrible, HORRIBLE Friday, and I just knew that I was going to let it ruin the weekend (mostly because my brain never shuts up and I can very easily relive an event or conversation over and over and over and... you get the point...sometimes I wish I knew how to turn my brain off).

But as it turns out, this was a really nice weekend, even though I was dreading not only going back to work on Monday, but the entire week because it's the biggest week out of the year since we have a HUGE international event starting Wednesday.

Friday night, when I finally pulled myself together and put a fresh face of makeup on so I didn't look like I had been crying all day, my sweet hubby took me to dinner. Once I was home from work and had calmed down, I realized I had only consumed 1/2 of a Dr. Pepper and a breakfast shake for the entire day. My legs were shaky, my head was pounding and I was starving, exhausted, and starving, and did I mention starving? Michael had been working on some projects in the basement (he beat me home) and met me at the bottom of the stairs with a hug and a "what's wrong?" to which I replied "I don't want to talk about it, and I'm starving."

That's all it took. We jumped in the car and went it Iggy's where I proceeded to vent away the events of the entire day while we waited for a table. It took the whole time for me to finally get out everything that had come crashing down on me on Friday. I vented through waiting for the table. I vented through ordering and waiting for food. And I vented during dinner as well. Finally, when the meal was over, so was my venting. But I felt so much better.
After dinner we proceeded home where Amanda met us and we played games for the rest of the evening. I felt so much better. There's nothing like a sweet hubby and a good friend to cheer you up.

Saturday morning my new furniture arrived. The basement is finally finished! We now have a beautiful entertainment center complete with a Blue Ray DVD player, Bose surround sound speakers, and a 55" LED Samsung Flat Screen TV. Um... It's awesome. Seriously awesome. And it looks and sounds stunning.

Michael and I were so excited, we spent the weekend purchasing a bunch of new DVD's to enjoy our home theatre system. Last night we watched Field of Dreams. An oldie, but a goodie, and the picture was so clear it's like you could smell the baseball field. Awesome :)

I also got my custom bookcase complete with sliding glass doors, and plenty of shelves for all my books. I LOVE IT! It couldn't have turned out more perfect. I love the color of the wood, I love the smoothness of the sliding doors, I love how grown up it looks. I love it, I love it, I love it! There's just something about a grown up book case with grown up books in it that makes you feel, well... grown up!

I'm hoping that Michael can help me take some photos so I can post them to the blog. We'll attempt that tonight so you can see the room. I have some great before shots so I'll be sure to post those as well.

A special thanks to Jen for helping us paint while she was here on her "work-ation". And more thanks to both Kim and Jen for assisting in the shopping for accessories:) The room couldn't have turned out better. I'm thrilled! The only downfall is that I'm going to be putting in some major long hours this week and won't be home to enjoy it as much as I want to. But come Sunday, I'm not leaving the couch! AND- we have a wonderful place to hibernate this winter when the weather outside is frightful.

Anyone up for a movie night? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment