Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting Up the Guts to Get Rid of the Gut

I think I'm going to purchase a membership to the rec center by my house. I'm just trying to get the guts up to do so. My gut is up, so now I just need to get THE GUTS up to take the plunge into the membership fees and their swimming pool. I want to lose 30 lbs before I'm 30 and I've got a solid 10 months to do it- IF I get the courage to do so.

Why is it so hard to make the effort to take care of yourself? Seriously. I should WANT a healthy body. Actually, let me rephrase that. I DO want a healthy body, the challenge is having the WANT to actually do something about it.

I'm a results oriented person. I do something, I wanna see results and fast (did I mention I'm also an impatient person?). So after one work out, I wanna drop a pant size. Yeah, yeah, I know my expectations are unrealistic, but this is honestly what keeps me from being motivated to sweat my guts out and have a heart attack on the tread mill. I know when I get off, I'm gonna look as frumpy as I did when I got on. I just want results to be instant. I know, dream on right?

I really am going to look into a membership there. I really am going to give it some honest thought (even though I can't pretend to be excited about it). And hopefully I really am going to lose some weight. I don't wanna be a fat girl. I don't wanna be an unhealthy girl, and I don't wanna avoid doing things I would probably enjoy but don't because I'm body conscious.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment